← Return to the careers page
Senior Software Engineer – Container Services
What you’ll be doing…
- Turn ideas or simplistic specifications into full-fledged product features, including unit and end-to-end tests.
- Tackle complex problems that range from performance and scalability to usability, so that complicated machineries look straightforward and simple to use for our users.
- Help your coworkers: review code, spread your technical expertise, improve our tool chain
- Bring your energy to the team!
Who you are…
From a technical perspective, you should have at least 5 years of work experience and we also would like that you:
- Design, build and optimize automated CI/CD pipelines and configuration management for Continuous Delivery of software to cloud environments.
- Create and configure infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code principles with a goal to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployments on private and public clouds (preferred: AWS).
- Deploy, troubleshoot Docker containers to Kubernetes (preferred: AWS EKS).
- Develop and maintain provisioning, security, configuration, and deployment procedures.
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Orient feature teams in CI/CD platform/tool training and troubleshooting.
- Work with technology vendors to design and implement Security and Compliance solutions to meet regulatory requirements (such as GDPR, FedRAMP).
- Use these languages/tools on a daily basis:
- TypeScript/Go/Python/Bash/Splunk/Octopus/Pulumi/GitLab/TeamCity. We are always evolving and learning/developing new tools.
You will be working in a small, distributed team on a new product. Our team is currently spread between Vienna and Krakow! There will be plenty of situations in which “we don’t know what we don’t know”, and, hopefully, this is music to your ears, and you see this as an opportunity to find the right solutions, rather than an ill-defined backlog. You have an appreciation and intuition for good UI design. Rather than identifying as the infamous 10x developer, you thoroughly enjoy collaborating with your team.
World Data lab’s mission is big: make everyone count! But not just via technology, data and processes; at WDL, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
f you’re ready to work with this team of friends, send us your CV and a brief cover letter – either in the body of the email or as a separate doc - in English to firstname.lastname@example.org