You will be joining:
• A young, dynamic team working on a new WDL project on Tunisia and other African countries in cooperation with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
• You and the team will build a real-time big data model to support program- and policy-making in a development context.
• You will collaborate with local stakeholders and external clients
• Take part in building new functionality from the ground up and join a growing team!
• 5-7 years of experience in manipulating data and building statistical models
• Fluency in English and French
• Excellent programming experience in R or Python
• Background in Economics
• Experience in manipulating data and drawing insights from large datasets. Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and techniques (Bayesian model averaging, random forests, etc.)
• Passion for clean code and focus on simplicity
• Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Be open to learning something new each day
• Background in Labor Economics
• Expertise with neural networks
• Working experience in Tunisia
• Experience with GitHub and RMarkdown
Organisational setting and salary:
• We are located at beautiful Impact Hub in 1070 Vienna
• Flexibility to work remotely
• Employment Type: Full-time
• Competitive salary based on qualification and experience
• Great degree of independence and autonomy
Our mission is big: make everyone count!
But not just via technology Data and processes, we also believe that people are a critical piece of the equation. If you’re ready to work with our lively diverse team, send us your CV and a brief cover letter - either in the body of the email or as a separate document - in English to email@example.com
At World Data Lab we always have exciting new projects coming in not only for our corporate side but also for our NGO side.
Work with us
If you’re ready to work with this team of friends, send us your CV and a brief cover letter – either in the body of the email or as a separate doc - in English to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form on the left