You will be joining:
World Data Lab (WDL) is a data enterprise which produces the most consistent and credible estimates for demography, spending and beyond. Our data models are global, granular, and forward looking by tracking United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in real time, helping provide unique insights for international organizations, businesses and the public. Our research has appeared on CNN, in the Economist, and the Financial Times. Our advisory board includes leading representatives of the World Bank, Brookings Institution, and academia.
The position is located in the operations division of the NGO, supporting the project management team and reporting to the Head of International Engagements. The role will support new WDL initiatives to ensure that millions of users can easily access data in relation to SDGs and thus enhance public participation and decision-making. These projects span topics related to employment, water scarcity or biodiversity and tracking climate change.
• Preparing detailed project proposals and project implementation plans including scheduling key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
• Coordinating and overseeing project activities and budgets based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver project on budget.
• Managing timely delivery of the project and providing regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders.
• Planning and overseeing implementation of ongoing projects, all while identifying new opportunities for collaboration with international partners/clients.
• Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
• Managing the relationship and communication with the client and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
• Preparing meeting summaries, reports, briefs and research/analysis papers for meetings and events as needed.
We expect from YOU:
• 2-3 minimum desired years of relevant experience in the field of project management and project coordination.
• Strong strategic planning skills to synthesize and turn ideas and concepts into concrete project and activities.
• Enhanced analytical capacity and ability to conduct research and analysis.
• Demonstrated time management skills to monitor and evaluate project activities.
• Professional capacity of the English language, written and spoken.
• Command of German and/or French is desired, but not a requirement.
• Strong strategic planning and organizational skills to synthesize and turn ideas and concepts into concrete project work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate effectively with international clients and partners and draft detailed concept notes and project proposals.
• Ability to work with data as well as data scientists and technology experts to create unique tools that drive change
What we offer:
• An international team environment, with offices located at the beautiful Impact Hub in 1070 Vienna, Austria.
• Flexible working hours and remote work is possible.
• Competitive remuneration depending on qualifications and experience, from € 2,500 for 40h/week
• Strong degree of independence, autonomy and ownership of engagements or project work.
Our mission is big: make everyone count!
But not just via technology Data and processes, we also believe that people are a critical piece of the equation.
If you’re ready to work with our lively diverse team, send us your CV and up to 3 references in English, (a cover letter is desired but it is not a requirement) to email@example.com
Work with us
If you’re ready to work with this team of friends, send us your CV and a brief cover letter – either in the body of the email or as a separate doc - in English to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form on the left