← Return to the careers page
(with administration and finance background)
Based in Vienna (Austria)
Founded by economic thought leaders and technologists, World Data Lab (WDL) is a data science SaaS enterprise that uses cutting-edge, peer-reviewed methodologies and AI to most credibly model and forecast spending power as well as demographic dynamics.
Our proprietary data models enable organizations, businesses, and the general public to make better decisions - from deciding which labor market policy has the biggest effect to entering a new market based on the next million consumers. In all we do, our ultimate goal is to create as much impact as possible. Our leading products like population.io, worldpoverty.io, worldhunger.io, and our World Data Pro tool have already reached millions of people across the globe, truly democratizing access to data.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in fast-paced environments, don’t shy away from challenges, and genuinely want to make an impact.
Your Contribution to World Data Lab:
- Act as a focal point on all matters related to the Executive Team, ensuring optimal communication flow with WDL team members, as well as with external partners and stakeholders;
- Provide support in event management, including coordination of client and personal reservations for the Executive Team;
- Prepare presentations and stay on top of meeting documentations, especially in regards to formal board meetings;
- Be responsible for organization of overall domestic and international travel logistics, including relevant coordination of meetings, as required;
- Support the development and implementation of internal administrative processes and communication flows;
- Be responsible for payroll review with the help of external accountants;
- Ensure smooth accounting processes by monitoring invoices and uploading them to the relevant accounting portal;
- Provide assistance in the management of financial- and expense reports, as needed;
- Be open to learning something new each day.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor in business administration, or other related areas, or alternatively at least 3 years of professional experience in supporting senior or executive teams;
- Well-rounded experience in event (in-person and/or virtual) and travel organization, and in supporting and assisting high-level professionals in all matters related to their daily business activities;
- First experience in Payroll, Accounting, or Controlling preferred;
- High level of problem-solving skills, Microsoft Office and overall IT savviness;
- Excellent organization-, communication- (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail as well as structured and analytical way of thinking;
- Fluency in English is essential, additional languages (especially German) are advantageous;
- Ability to work and be flexible in a fast-paced scale-up environment;
- Strong cultural awareness and high sensibility to deal with cultural and geographical diversity.
What's in it for you!
- State-of-the-art equipment and tools that help you to perform at your best
- The opportunity to have an impact in a fast-growing and well-established big data SaaS scale-up
- Work with leading public and private institutions
- Flexible working hours with high acceptance of home office
- Be part of a multicultural team of highly motivated and like-minded individuals
- Great individual development- and growth opportunities
Our mission is big: make everyone count!
We offer a competitive base salary and considerable overpayment based on previous experience.
We strongly believe that people are a critical piece of the equation and essential to achieving long-term success. Our passion-driven team works tirelessly towards making everyone count, together! Above all, we value integrity, honesty, and creative thinking to achieve our goals.
If you’re up for a challenge and ready to work with our diverse team, please send your CV and a short statement outlining your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.